Gather as much information about your selected problem as possible. Consider both qualitative and quantitative data. For example:
- Leader and peer interviews
- Patient/customer surveys
- Quality improvement (QI) reports from the facility
- Benchmarking studies/baseline data. If baseline data is available:
- What are the goals?
- Are current practices meeting the organizational goals?
- Are the prescribed practices followed?
Apply any relevant key quality improvement tools to your problem.
Review and aggregate the information you collected on the selected problem.
Determine the level of risk and frequency of the problem. This will provide you with the scope and significance of the problem.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- Minimum 875-word paper; the maximum word count (not including references) is 1000 words – your paper must be organized using APA Level I headings for the assignment requirements noted above.
- 7- to 10-slide PowerPoint or Keynote presentation (this slide count does not include the title and reference slides, which are required); you must include a minimum of 100 words of “speaker’s notes” per slide in addition to the slide content.
You may also use the following with approval by your instructor:
- 7- to 10-minute oral presentation
Submit your assignment.
*Topic: Occurrence of diabetes in young people