Read the following papers:
- Brenner, Susan W., and Bert-Jaap Koops. “Approaches to cybercrime jurisdiction.” J. High Tech. L. 4 (2004): 1. (available at: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Susan_Brenner…
- Reidenberg, Joel R., et al. “Internet Jurisdiction: A survey of legal scholarship published in English and United States Case Law.” (2013). (available at: http://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1347&context=penn_law_review&sei-redir=1)
- California Cable Laws. Available at: https://www.calcable.org/government-relations/stat…
Answer the following questions:
- Currently, there are questions over whether it is permissible for ISP’s (major U.S. providers include Comcast, Verizon and AT & T) to control aspects of speed and delivery of content on their netowrks to their subscribers. Many subscribers and sites have complained about these practices, asserting that the ISPs should handle all content the same. What organization or governmental entity should handle this? How should it be resolved?
- Discuss the impact of California Laws over ISP traffic content regarding the above cases.
- Discuss the approaches to Internet jurisdiction based on laws of different countries